Warwick School provides an ever expanding range of holiday activities. Open to everyone, these courses provide a fun way to experience new or favourite activities.
Welcome to our Easter Action 2021 activities programme for children in Reception up to School Year 7.
Please see below for details of what's on offer, including dates and times of courses, age ranges, examples of activities included and costs. Also included below is information regarding how our courses will work to ensure children, parents and staff remain safe at all times whilst on site.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO TUCK SHOP AVAILABLE FOR EASTER ACTION. Please ensure that your child arrives with all the food/drink they need throughout the day, including a snack for breaktime, a refillable water bottle and a packed lunch. Please also be aware that the vending machines are also 'out of bounds' so no money should be brought on site. Thank you for your cooperation.
WHAT'S ON OFFER
Please see below for information on what courses are running over the Easter Holidays.
Thursday 1st April (1 day)
School Years 2 and 3
9.00am - 16.30pm
|School Years 4 to 7||9.00am - 16.30pm||£32|
Tues 6th to Fri 9th April
School Year 1
|9.00am - 16.30pm||£128|
|'Super Six' Activities||
School Years 2 to 7
9.00am - 16.30pm
Mon 12th to Fri 16th April (5 days)
School Year 1
|9.00am - 16.30pm||£160|
|'Super Six' Activities||
School Years 2 to 7
|9.00am - 16.30pm||£160|
Please note: there are still no Early Risers, Early Birds Swim or Night Owls options available for this period. All courses are running from 9.00am until 16.30pm.
Please be aware that:
- To help reduce the number of different children within each group, and thus minimise the risk of cross infection, we are still not able to offer individual day or part-week bookings.
- We have again had to limit the number of places available in order to ensure Government guidelines regarding social distancing are met. Places will be available on a 'first come, first served' basis. Once groups are fully booked they will show as ‘Waiting List’ on the group page. If you would like to be added to the waiting list for a particular group, then you can do so by following the steps on the system or alternatively you can email Adrian Bevan at A.Bevan@warwickschools.co.uk and we will add you on.
Please see below for information regarding our different courses and groups.
FUN ACTIVITIES & MULTI-SPORTS
Our Fun Activities and Multi-Sports 1 day course is open to boys and girls from School Years 2 and 3.
In the morning the children will enjoy a variety of fun activities and games, then in the afternoon things get active with our exciting and energetic multi-sports course! Example activities include Didicars / Kapla & Unu / Bouncy Castle / Giant Games / Cricket / Fun Football / Hockey / Handball.
Please note that activities may be subject to change.
WALL CLIMBING & TEAM BUILDING
Our Wall Climbing and Team Building 1 day course is open to boys and girls from School Years 4 to 7 (including 12 year olds). Children will have a fabulous time on our indoor wall climbing and team building activity day! Our energetic and experienced coach will ensure fun for all abilities!
Please note: Drop off and collection for our 1-day courses is from the Junior School Playground (the black gates). Please park in the Junior School car park and follow signs.
Our Cygnets group is open to boys and girls from Reception and School Year 1.
Led by our experienced Early Years Practitioner, children will experience a number of different exciting activities each day, including:
Art and Craft / Multi-Sport / Indoor and Outdoor play / Bouncy Castle / Kapla & Unu / Mini Basketball / Drama / Nature Trails / Didi cars / plus much more!
Furthermore - we are delighted to welcome back for Easter Action our fantastic specialist activities - including Martial Arts, Dance with Liz and African Dance!
Please note that activities will be running on specific days only.
Please note: Drop off and collection for Cygnets is via the exterior fire doors of the Sports Centre (leading onto the Junior School car park).
Please park in the Junior School car park and follow signs.
Our 'Super Six' activities are open to boys and girls from School Years 2 to 7 (up to and including 12 year olds).
Children will experience 6 different exciting activities throughout the day. Each activity lasts approximately 45 minutes and where possible children are given a choice of activities so as to provide them with the widest possible variety across the course of the day.
For example, the activities for the Swans group on one day could be:
- Tennis or Disc Golf
- Didi Cars or Kapla
- Tee Ball
- Giant Games or Spanish
- Arts & Crafts.
Activities will be different for each day of the week.
Please note that activities may depend on the weather and are subject to change.
Example activities include: Indoor Archery, Cricket, Athletics, Basketball, Didi cars (Y2/Y3), Kapla, Table Tennis (Y4-7), Badminton (Y4-7), Bo Karts (Y4-7), Orienteering, Handball, Cheerleading, Chess, Giant Games, Bootcamp, Football, Ukelele, Spanish, Computers, Netball, Tennis, Disc Golf, Rounders/Tee Ball, plus much more!
Furthermore - we are delighted to welcome back for Easter Action our fantastic specialist activities - including Art & Craft with Corinna, Fencing, Martial Arts, Interior Design, Dance with Liz, Fun Cookery, Hula Hooping, Tai Chi and Qi Gong (NEW for 2021!) and African Dance!
Please note that some activities will be running on specific days and for specific groups only.
Super Six Groups
Our 'Super Six' activities are bookable by the school year group your child is in. Please see the table below for details of which group to book for your child.
School Year 2 and 3 girls
School Year 2 and 3 boys
School Year 4 and 5 girls
School Year 4 and 5 boys
School Year 6 and 7 girls
School Year 6 and 7 boys
Please note: Drop off and collection for our 'Super Six' activities is from the Junior School Playground (the black gates). Please park in the Junior School car park and follow signs.
Please see below for information on how the days will be structured and our commitment to keeping you and your children safe whilst on site.
Drop off and Pick up
For Easter Action, please park in Warwick Junior School car park and follow signs for drop off and pick up:
- Drop off and pick up for Cygnets (Reception and School Year 1) is via the exterior Sports Centre fire doors (off the Junior School car park)
- Drop off and pick up for School Year 2 to 7 (Swans, Kestrels, Herons and Eagles) is the Junior School playground (the black gates)
- Drop off and pick up for our Wall Climbing & Team Building and Fun Activities and Multi-Sports courses is the Junior School playground (the black gates)
To encourage a staggered arrival and departure:
- Drop off will be between 9.00am and 9.15am
- Pick up will be between 4.15pm and 4.30pm
When dropping off and picking up, please make sure you wear a face covering, observe social distancing measures and use the 2 metre markers provided. Where possible, only 1 parent or carer per family should drop off and collect. Thank you for your cooperation.
What to bring
Please bring plenty to drink (a refillable water bottle is recommended), a snack*, a packed lunch*, and a coat for playtime.
- *please do not bring any food containing nuts onto the site
- *please ensure grapes and cherry tomatoes are cut in half to avoid choking hazard
- *please note there is no fridge available.
Please ensure that your child arrives dressed suitably for the weather - layers are always a good idea, including a hoodie or jumper, plus a waterproof coat in the event of rain. We will try to keep activities outdoors as much as possible, but if the weather is torrential then activities will take place indoors.
In the event of very hot weather, we ask that you provide sun cream for your child and apply before coming to the course. If re-application is required children will be required to do this and members of staff will supervise. Please also bring a sunhat.
We would kindly ask that children participate in all activities in the clothes/footwear they arrive in, as we would like to avoid any unnecessary changes of clothes throughout the day (e.g. gymnastics kit, football boots, etc). As such, we recommend that all children wear comfortable clothing that they can wear for the whole day, e.g. sportswear and trainers, and do not bring any extra clothes with them apart from in exceptional circumstances.
As a result of the latest Government advice regarding COVID-19 hand hygiene and social distancing, we are afraid that no portable gaming devices are allowed on site unless previously confirmed by management. This includes handheld consoles (e.g. Nintendo Switch) as well as tablets (e.g. iPads, Samsung, etc). Mobile phones are permitted but only for Year 6 children or older. These are to be used only during the designated breaktimes and under staff observation. Phones must only be used to access age appropriate games. Social media, phonecalls, messaging and texting are not allowed.
The safety of all children, parents and staff remains our primary concern. For Easter Action we will do everything within our power to ensure the highest possible safety standards, including:
- GROUPS - children and staff will be kept in their groups for the week and will not mix or crossover with any of the other groups during this time. This will ensure the safest possible environment for children and staff as they will interact only with others within their group and following all necessary social distancing guidelines. Groups will be kept to a maximum of 15 children in order to comply with Government guidelines and will operate independently of the other groups
- HANDWASHING - regular handwashing and use of hand sanitiser - all staff and children will be required to wash their hands before coming on site and, whilst on site, time will be allocated across the day to allow staff and children to do similar before and after every activity
- CLEANING - regular cleaning of all resources and touchpoints - we will ensure that all equipment and facilities are thoroughly cleaned before first use. Similarly, time and resources have been allocated to make sure equipment/facilities are cleaned after every use. Training has been provided for all staff on the correct cleaning technique
- DISTANCING - regular reminders regarding social distancing - whilst on site we will regularly reinforce the importance of social distancing for children, whether they are taking part in an activity, sitting down for lunch, or out to playtime.
- ACTIVITIES - planning of suitable activities for the children to enjoy whilst still staying safe - all of the activities we have planned have been carefully adapted so as to comply with Government Guidelines regarding hygiene and social distancing. Sport sessions will be 'skill based' and will be structured to avoid contact and proximity
- STAFF - staff members allocated to each group will stay with them throughout the week and will lead the majority of activities for their group during that time. All staff will wear face coverings whilst moving around the site.
- SPECIALISTS - where external members of staff have been booked to provide specialist activities during specific days (e.g. Art & Craft, Martial Arts or Fencing) measures have been put in place to ensure that activities are suitably socially distanced, rooms are well ventilated, all resources cleaned after each session and face shields worn by staff.
Furthermore, we kindly ask that you familiarise yourself with our 'Do and Don't Guides' before arriving on site.
Guide for Parents
- Let us know about any medical, dietary or educational needs your child may have in advance of your arrival. This will help us to plan the best possible care for them whilst they are on site
- Ensure that yourself and your children have washed their hands thoroughly before arriving
- Where it is possible to walk or cycle please do so; or failing that please use a private vehicle (providing you are only transporting those from within your own household)
- Drop off and collect your children at the Warwick Junior School playground entrance (black gates). Please ensure that you wear a face covering as soon as you exit your vehicle or enter the site when dropping off and collecting. Where possible, only 1 parent or carer per family should drop off and collect
- Provide your child with a packed lunch and refillable water bottle, making sure that they are clearly named to avoid unnecessary contact.
- Please ensure that your child arrives dressed suitably for the weather - layers are always a good idea, including a hoodie or jumper, plus a waterproof coat in the event of rain. We will try to keep activities outdoors as much as possible, but if the weather is torrential then activities will take place indoors. In the event of very hot weather, we ask that you provide sun cream for your child and apply before coming to the course. If re-application is required children will be required to do this and members of staff will supervise. Please also bring a sunhat.
- Read the government guidance for parents and carers
- Guidance for parents and carers of children attending out-of-school settings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Come onto the playground yourself
- Send your child in if they, or anyone else in your family, are showing symptoms of COVID-19 (a persistent cough, fever, loss or change of smell/taste, and shortness of breath). Please refer to the following guide for COVID-19: guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection
- Please ensure that your child does not bring any portable gaming devices onto site unless previously confirmed by management. This includes handheld consoles (e.g. Nintendo Switch) as well as tablets (e.g. iPads, Samsung, etc). Mobile phones are permitted but only for Year 6 children or older. These are to be used only during the designated breaktimes and under staff observation. Phones must only be used to access age appropriate games. Social media, phonecalls, messaging and texting are not allowed.
- Please do not bring any foods containing nuts onto site
Guide for Children
- Hand sanitise as soon as you come on site
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid contact with other children and staff. You must maintain a distance of 2m between yourself and others
- Let a member of staff know immediately if you develop any of the following symptoms during the day - a persistent cough, fever, loss or change of smell/taste, or shortness of breath
- When coughing or sneezing, please make sure you do so into a tissue or (failing that) into the crook of your elbow. All tissues should then be disposed of into a rubbish bin, and your hands washed thoroughly afterwards
- Wash your hands after every activity and use the hand sanitising gel provided
- Wash your hands after going to the toilet and use the hand sanitising gel provided
- REMEMBER – handwashing should take between 20 and 30 seconds with warm water and soap.
- Ask staff to refill your water bottle using the water dispenser provided
- Throw all of your rubbish away after lunchtime/snack times
- Share food or drink at breaktime or lunchtime
- Sit face to face with another person. You must maintain a gap of 2m between yourself and the next person.
- Allow anybody else to touch your mobile phone (if you have one with you) – please note, that mobile phones should be brought in by Year 6 children or older only
We appreciate your support and understanding in keeping everyone safe whilst on site.
Please see below for further information about our holiday activities and making your booking.
Please click 'Book Now' to book your child's place on any of the above courses. If you need further information about the booking process, please see our Steps to Booking . Our booking conditions can be found here .
Please check our What to Bring page for information on what your child will need to have with them for their chosen activities.
For directions and a map to help you find us, please visit our Location and Directions page. Please park in the Junior School car park and follow signs for registration for all courses.
If your child requires any medication during their time at Holiday Action, or has a pre-existing injury, please complete one of our Medical Forms and bring this with you on the first day.
Please click 'Book Now' for further information about each course and to complete the application form.
The option of choosing to pay via childcare vouchers or Tax Free Childcare is under the Terms and Conditions at the end of the booking process. If paying by childcare voucher or Tax Free Childcare, please note that the payment transaction must be completed and a screenshot of the payment confirmation sent to A.Bevan@warwickschools.co.uk within 5 days of making your booking in order to confirm your place.
Venue: Please park in Warwick Junior School car park and follow signs for registration. Please see 'maps' for directions.
For details about what to bring for each course, please refer to the additional information here .
Operations Manager - Dan Partridge
Development Manager - Adrian Bevan
- All courses have the appropriate staff to pupil ratio.
- All staff are DBS checked and undergo regular child protection training.
- Staff are appointed for their experience and expertise.
- Only nationally recognised qualifications are accepted for specialist activities.
- Doors are coded into buildings to prevent unauthorised access.
- Either Dan or Adrian are always available to be contacted by parents or staff throughout the day in the Community Activities office.
- Qualified First Aiders are always available.
- Data protection – All information collected will be held securely and will only be used to provide the best possible holiday childcare services for your child, and to ensure that your child is safe within our care.
For further information please contact either Dan Partridge - Operations Manager or Adrian Bevan -
Telephone: 01926 735473 Emergency on site number: 07738 640117
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.