Aaron delivers Dementia Talk
Aaron is a Dementia Ambassador and former member of Kissing it Better.
Aaron, year 13 pupil at Warwick School, Dementia Ambassador and former member of Kissing it Better volunteered to give a talk about Dementia to a group of Warwick and King’s High pupils who are currently taking part in this valuable scheme at Warwick Hospital.
He delivered the 5 key messages which include:
- Dementia is not a natural part of ageing
- Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain
- Dementia is not just about losing your memory - it can affect thinking, communicating and doing everyday tasks
- It’s possible to live well with Dementia
- There’s more to a person than Dementia
All those who attended this powerful and interactive session are now Dementia Friends, Aaron is currently applying to study Medicine at university and has kindly offered to give further talks about Dementia to raise awareness and understanding.