Lily Owsley returns to Warwick
Hockey champion Lily Owsley returned to Warwick School last week for the annual Hockey Presentation evening.
Lily visited the school last year, and talked about her journey to become a GB hockey player. A year on the talk was quite different, as part of the history-making hockey champions in Rio last year, she spoke of her continued journey, resilience and self-belief which culminated in the England squad’s success at Rio. Lily was awarded an MBE last week, which she collected alongside team-mates Hannah Macleod and Shona McCallin at Buckingham Palace presented by Prince Charles.
Lily joined in an evening of celebration at Warwick School, as the hockey players received awards and applause for their achievements throughout the hockey season.
- Record number of boys representing Warwick School in hockey
- 20+ county representatives across the age groups
- 12 of the U13 County squad are from Warwick School
- U12 and U16 regional finalists 2017
- Warwick School is the South Midland Performance Centre for England Hockey
Congratulations must also go to Greg Wade, Director of Hockey at Warwick School, who has been selected for the England over 40s squad for the homes nations tournament in Ireland in May and the Europeans Championships in August.