Five Platinum and a Gold!
During the Easter break, an unprecedented six Warwick School bands entered the National Concert Band Finals at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester.
After a full day of music making our bands emerged triumphant with 5 Platinum and 1 Gold awards. Congratulations to all our boys and King's High School girls who performed so brilliantly.
Keith Allen, Festival Director of the NCBF said, “For the very first time at the NCBF Nationals, we have a school participating with six bands, setting a record that will be hard to match anywhere in the UK. This year Warwick School has achieved amazing musical standards, much admired by adjudicators, audience…and many other schools! Well done Warwick School – quite unique.” Amazing! This is tribute to the hard work and enthusiasm of the music staff and all the boys and girls who are involved.
The six bands include two Warwick Independent Schools Foundation bands; Foundation Wind Orchestra and Camerata which include girls from King’s High School.
- Jazz Lab: Gold (Conductior - David Storer)
- The Supertonics: Platinum (Conductor- Dan Robertson)
- Little Big Band: Platinum (Conductior - David Storer)
- Big Band: Platinum (Conductor - Tom Lindsay)
- Foundation Wind Orchestra: Platinum (Conductor - Philip Montero)
- Camerata (Foundation): Platinum (Conductor - Simon Hogg)