DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND, PLEASE NOTE THAT THE BOOKING SYSTEM WILL BE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE. WE WILL AIM TO RE-OPEN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Warwick School provides an ever expanding range of holiday activities. Open to everyone, these courses provide a fun way to experience new or favourite activities.
Welcome to our Summer Action activities programme. Please see below for details of what's on offer, including dates and times of courses, age ranges, examples of activities included and costs. Also included below is information regarding how our summer courses will work to ensure children, parents and staff remain safe at all times whilst on site.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no tuck shop available for Summer Action. Please ensure that your child arrives with all the food/drink they need throughout the day, including a snack for breaktime, a refillable water bottle and a packed lunch. Please also be aware that the vending machines are also 'out of bounds' so no money should be brought on site. Thank you for your cooperation.
WHAT'S ON OFFER
Please see below for information on what courses are running over the summer holidays.
School Year (Coming from)
9.00am - 16.30pm
Reception and Year 1
'Super Six' Activities
9.00am - 16.30pm
Years 2 to 7
Please note: there are no Early Risers, Early Birds Swim or Night Owls options available for this period. All courses are running from 9.00am until 16.30pm.
As a special one-off, we are happy to offer our Summer Action courses for this holiday period at a reduced cost of £25 per day. To ensure we follow the latest Government guidelines regarding hygiene and social distancing, there are some changes we have had to make to our regular timetable. As a result there are some activities that unfortunately we are unable to offer at this time. We feel that this reduced daily rate reflects these changes, but please rest assured that we will continue to offer the highest quality childcare for your children that is achievable in the circumstances.
Please be aware that we have had to limit the number of places available in order to ensure Government guidelines regarding social distancing are met. Places are available on a 'first come, first served' basis. Once courses are fully booked, you can email Adrian Bevan at A.Bevan@warwickschools.co.uk if you would like to be added to the waiting list.
TO HELP MINIMISE THE RISK OF CROSS INFECTION, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING FULL WEEK (5-DAY) BOOKINGS FOR THIS SUMMER PERIOD.
Please see below for information regarding our different courses and groups.
TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU BOOK YOUR CHILD INTO THE CORRECT GROUP. THIS SHOULD BE BASED ON THE SCHOOL YEAR YOUR CHILD HAS JUST COMPLETED. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT INCORRECT BOOKINGS WILL NEED TO BE CHANGED AND THE SAME AVAILABILITY CANNOT BE GUARANTEED.
Our Cygnets group is open to boys and girls from Reception and Year 1. Please note that we are not able to accept children who have not yet started in Reception.
Led by our experienced Early Years Practitioner, children will experience a number of different exciting activities each day.
Example activities include: Art and Craft / Multi-Sport / Indoor and Outdoor play / Kapla / Mini Golf / Nature Trails / Didi cars / plus much more!
Please note: Drop off and collection for Cygnets is via the exterior fire doors of the Sports Centre (leading onto the Junior School car park). Please park in the Junior School car park and follow signs.
Our 'Super Six' activities are open to boys and girls from Years 2 to 7 (up to and including 12 year olds).
Children will experience 6 different exciting activities throughout the day. Each activity lasts 45 minutes and activities have been chosen to give the children the widest possible variety across the course of a day.
For example, the activities for the Swans group on one day could be Giant Games, Tennis, Didi Cars & Go Karts, Bushcraft, Athletics and Arts & Crafts. Activities will be different for each day of the week.
Please note that activities may depend on the weather and are subject to change.
Example activities include: Art and Craft, Indoor Archery, Cricket, Basketball, Didi cars (Y2/Y3), Kapla, Table Tennis (Y4-7), Badminton (Y4-7), Bo Karts (Y4-7), Orienteering, Tri Golf, Outdoor Giant Games, Football, Netball, Volleyball, Tennis, Disc Golf (Y4-7), Bushcraft, plus much more!
Super Six Groups
Our 'Super Six' activities are bookable by the school year group your child is in. Please see the table below for details of which group to book for your child.
School Year (Coming from)
Year 2 and 3 girls
Year 2 and 3 boys
Year 4 to 7 girls
Year 4 to 7 boys
Unfortunately we are unable to offer our Action Plus programme for 12-14 year olds this summer. We hope to be in a position to run this again in 2021.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Please see below for information on how the days will be structured and our commitment to keeping you and your children safe whilst on site
Drop off and Pick up
For Summer Action, please park in Warwick Junior School car park and follow signs for drop off and pick up:
- Drop off and pick up for Cygnets (Reception and Year 1) is via the exterior Sports Centre fire doors (off the Junior School car park)
- Drop off and pick up for Year 2 to 7 is the Junior School playground (the black gates)
To encourage a staggered arrival and departure:
- Drop off will be between 9.00am and 9.15am
- Pick up will be between 4.15pm and 4.30pm
When dropping off and picking up, please make sure you observe social distancing measures and use the 2 metre markers provided. Thank you for your cooperation.
Children and staff will be kept in their groups throughout the day and will not mix or crossover with any of the other groups during this time. This will ensure the safest possible environment for children and staff as they will interact only with others within their group.
Each of the 5 groups (Cygnets, Swans, Kestrels, Herons and Eagles) will operate independently of the others. Staff members allocated to each group will stay with them throughout the day and will lead all activities for their group during that time.
Breaktimes and lunchtime for groups will be staggered across the day; again to ensure that there is no crossover of groups.
The safety of all children, parents and staff remains our primary concern. For Summer Action we will do everything within our power to ensure the highest possible safety standards, including:
- Regular handwashing and use of hand sanitiser - all staff and children will be required to wash their hands before coming on site and, whilst on site, time will be allocated across the day to allow staff and children to do similar before and after every activity
- Regular cleaning of all resources and touchpoints - we will ensure that all equipment and facilities are thoroughly cleaned before first use. Similarly, time and resources have been allocated to make sure equipment/facilities are cleaned after every use. Training has been provided for all Summer Action staff on the correct cleaning technique
- Regular reminders regarding social distancing - whilst on site we will regularly reinforce the importance of social distancing for children, whether they are taking part in an activity, sitting down for lunch, or out to playtime.
- Planning of suitable activities for the children to enjoy whilst still staying safe - all of the activities we have planned have been carefully adapted so as to comply with Government Guidelines regarding hygiene and social distancing. Sport sessions will be 'skill based' and will be structured to avoid contact and proximity
Furthermore, we kindly ask that you familiarise yourself with our 'Do and Don't Guides' before arriving on site.
Guidance for children:
- Wash your hands as soon as you come on site. REMEMBER – handwashing should take between 20 and 30 seconds with warm water and soap.
- Avoid contact with other children and staff. You must maintain a distance of 2m between yourself and others at all times.
- Let a member of staff know immediately if you develop any of the following symptoms during the day - a persistent cough, fever, loss of smell/taste, or shortness of breath
- When coughing or sneezing, please make sure you do so into a tissue or (failing that) into the crook of your elbow. All tissues should then be disposed of into a rubbish bin, and your hands washed thoroughly afterwards
- Wash your hands after every activity and use the hand sanitising gel provided
- Wash your hands after going to the toilet and use the hand sanitising gel provided
- Refill your water bottle using the water dispenser provided
- Throw all of your rubbish away after lunchtime/snacktimes
- Share food or drink at breaktime or lunchtime
- Sit directly next to another person. You must maintain a gap of 2m between yourself and the next person.
- Allow anybody else to touch your mobile phone (if you have one with you) – please note, that mobile phones should be brought in by Year 6 children or older only
Guidance for parents:
- Let us know about any medical, dietary or educational needs your child may have in advance of your arrival. This will help us to plan the best possible care for them whilst they are on site.
- Ensure that yourself and your children have washed their hands thoroughly before coming on site
- Drop off and collect your children at the Warwick Junior School playground entrance (black gates)
- Provide your child with a packed lunch and refillable water bottle, making sure that both are clearly named to avoid unnecessary contact.
- Please do not bring any foods containing nuts onto site
- Send your child in if they, or anyone else in your family, are showing symptoms of COVID-19 (a persistent cough, fever, loss of smell/taste, and shortness of breath)
- Come on site yourself
- Allow your child to bring any unnecessary items in with them – no iPads, tablets or gaming devices please. Only mobile phones are permitted (and by Year 6 children or older), and these are to be used only during the designated breaktimes and accessing age appropriate games. Social media, phonecalls, messaging and texting are not allowed.
We appreciate your support and understanding in keeping everyone safe whilst on site.
Please see below for further information about our holiday activities and making your booking.
Please click 'Book Now' to book your child's place on any of the above courses. If you need further information about the booking process, please see our Steps to Booking . Our booking conditions can be found here .
Please check our What to Bring page for information on what your child will need to have with them for their chosen activities.
For directions and a map to help you find us, please visit our Location and Directions page. Please enter the Junior School playground and follow signs for registration for all courses.
If your child requires any medication during their time at Holiday Action, or has a pre-existing injury, please complete one of our Medical Forms and bring this with you on the first day.
Please click 'Book Now' for further information about each course and to complete the application form.
The option of choosing to pay via childcare vouchers or Tax Free Childcare is under the Terms and Conditions at the end of the booking process. If paying by childcare voucher or Tax Free Childcare, please note that the payment transaction must be completed and a screenshot of the payment confirmation sent to A.Bevan@warwickschools.co.ukwithin 5 days of making your booking in order to confirm your place.
Venue: Please park in Warwick Junior School car park and follow signs for registration. Please see 'maps' for directions.
For details about what to bring for each course, please refer to the additional information here .
Operations Manager - Dan Partridge
Development Manager - Adrian Bevan
- All courses have the appropriate staff to pupil ratio.
- All staff are DBS checked and undergo regular child protection training.
- Staff are appointed for their experience and expertise.
- Only nationally recognised qualifications are accepted for specialist activities.
- Doors are coded into buildings to prevent unauthorised access.
- Either Dan or Adrian are always available to be contacted by parents or staff throughout the day in the Community Activities office.
- Qualified First Aiders are always available.
- Data protection – All information collected will be held securely and will only be used to provide the best possible holiday childcare services for your child, and to ensure that your child is safe within our care.
For further information please contact Dan Partridge or Adrian Bevan
Telephone: 01926 735473
Emergency on site number: 07738 640117
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.