Awards & Achievements
Awards and Achievements 2018-2019
Warwick School boasts many successes and for 2018-2019 is proud to announce the following:
- Exceptional A Level and GCSE results.
- Jeremy Worlock awarded runner-up prize in the Institute of Economics Essay Competition for the Dorian Fisher Memorial Prize.
- Warwick School awarded certificate from the Duke of Edinburgh's Award - for participants donating 3367 hours of voluntary service.
- Senior Maths Challenge - Gold Awards: 19, Silver Awards: 16, Bronze Awards: 14. Congratulations to Frank Fan who was the top scorer with 111/125 and qualified for the prestigious British Maths Olympiad.
- Daniel Jenks-Berryman and Harry Colliver both finalists in the UK Bebras Computational Thinking Challenge.
- Maths Intermediate Challenge - Gold Awards: 25, Silver Awards: 36, Bronze Awards: 25.
- Maths Intermediate Olympiad round:Two qualifiers, Louis Wyatt and Tianze Ye (both Year 9).
- Max Hayward has qualified for a Faldo Golf Tournament in Abu Dhabi in November 2018
- Charlie Whorrod represented Warwickshire at inter-counties athletics competition, winning the U13 Long Jump title with a PB of 5.10 metres.
- Jacob Fenwick, George Holding and Oliver Tubb represented England Hockey in the School Games. Oliver was in the winning team securing the Gold medal.
- Alex Murdoch selected to play for Merica Lynx in this year's England Hockey Futures Cup.
- George Barnes winner of U13 graded singles table tennis competition.
- 1st XV rugby team through to U18 Schools Cup semi-finals.
- U18 and U16 hockey teams though to their respective Midlands finals.
- Warwick School included in the Top 100 Schools in The Cricketer Good Schools Guide 2019.
- Fin Smith and Jack Forsythe selected for England U17.
- Jack Forsythe selected for England U18 Rugby Training Squad.
- Henry Miles selected for Scotland U18.
- Henry Mortimer and Alex Sabin selected for Wasps Academy U18.
- Warwick School included in the Top Independent Sports Schools of 2018.
Music and Drama
- Oliver Simcock through to the finals of BBC Young Chorister of the Year (top 8 in the country).
- Joshua Simango awarded Academy Scholarship with Armonica Consort.
- Luke Barker, who has gained his Diploma for trumpet playing (with Distinction).
- Jamie Nash, Euan McGarr and William Parsons awarded scholarships to sing with the renowned Armonico Consort.
- Ben Adams, James Leeson, Nicholas Lewis and Tommy Perry awarded RSCM 'Voice of Life' light blue medallion at St Mary's Church, with Thomas Dodsworth and Oscar Dunlop from the Junior School being elevated to Full Choristers.
- Joe Bain for gaining a Performing Scholarship for Classical Guitar from Liverpool University.