Awards & Achievements
Awards and Achievements 2017-2018
Warwick School boasts many successes and for 2017-2018 is proud to announce the following:
- Exceptional A Level and GCSE results.
- Douglas Boyle awarded C3L6 roentgenium medal, in the top 50 of 7,000 L6th chemists.
- Daniel Jenks-Berryman (L4) and Harry Colliver (3rd Year), in the top 50 of 40,000 entries of the BEBRAS Computing Challenge.
- Biology Olympiad: 4 Gold, 9 Silver, 8 Bronze, 5 Highly Commended, 5 Commended - best ever results (for Gold, Silver and Bronze). Gold: Anurag Choksey, Ken Man, Sam Lawton, Finlay Williams - top 6.7% of 7,800 entries.
- Alexander Ford selected to be Warwickshire U14s Golf Captain. Competed at European Open in November, ranking tbc.
- Zien Zhou ranked top ten in athletic wheelchair category and number one in U17 category.
- Tommie Olubisi selected to represent the West Midlands region in the Basktball England regional development tournament.
- 1st XV through to the semi-finals of the 2017/18 Schools Cup. Current U18 Champions (2016/17).
- U15 rugby team through to the semi-finals of the 2017/18 Schools Cup.
- Hassan Khalil placed 2nd in England after narrowly being beaten by the World Number 1 at the Junior Squash Championships.
- Cian Tyler selected by Wales for UEFA U16 Development Tournament (Feb 2018)
Music and Drama
- Warwick School choir, George Wilkes, Archie Whitby, Daniel Buxton and Sam Young performed SAM Young's composition 'Lux Noxque' at the Albert Hall on the Last Night of the Schools' Proms in November 2017.
- George Wilkes has been offered a place on 'cello in the National Youth Orchestra.
- Luke Barker is now solo cornet with the National Youth Brass Band.
- Max Manley plays in the National Youth Guitar Ensemble
- Will Parsons plays Young Lucius in Titus Andronicus at the RSC Stratford.
- Sam Littell plays Lucius in Julius Caesar and Ascanius in Dido, Queen of Carthage at the RSC Stratford.
- Taha Elamin and Hector Magraw both play Young Martius in Coriolanus at the RSC Stratford and Barbican London.
- Moosa Mostafa is performing in Nativity! The Musical at The Rep in Birmingham.