Awards & Achievements
Awards and Achievements 2018-2019
Warwick School boasts many successes and for 2018-2019 is proud to announce the following:
- Exceptional A Level and GCSE results.
- Eleven Oxbridge offers.
- Jeremy Worlock awarded runner-up prize in the Institute of Economics Essay Competition for the Dorian Fisher Memorial Prize.
- Warwick School awarded certificate from the Duke of Edinburgh's Award - for participants donating 3367 hours of voluntary service.
- Senior Maths Challenge - Gold Awards: 19, Silver Awards: 16, Bronze Awards: 14. Congratulations to Frank Fan who was the top scorer with 111/125 and qualified for the prestigious British Maths Olympiad.
- Daniel Jenks-Berryman and Harry Colliver both finalists in the UK Bebras Computational Thinking Challenge.
- Maths Intermediate Challenge - Gold Awards: 25, Silver Awards: 36, Bronze Awards: 25.
- Maths Intermediate Olympiad round: Two qualifiers, Louis Wyatt and Tianze Ye (both Year 9).
- Chemistry Olympiad: Gold awards - Frank Fan, William Feasey, George Holding, Zak Milstein and Henry Wei. Silver awards - Leo Hung, Aaron Lawana, Ethan Lau. Bronze awards - Leo da Cruz, Maxwell Miao, Karthigan Sabanadesan, Otto Chan (L6), Ethan Evan-Cook (L6),
Yaar Safra (L6), Max Bottomley (L6), Callum Brown (L6), Brandon Fong (L6), Anthony Liu (L6), Albert Williams (L6), Edwin Chan (L6), James Goodbourn (L6).
- Henry Wei selected to represent the UK in the International Biology Olympiad.
- Young Enterprise 'Team Imperium' runner-up in Regional Final, winning the Marketing Award.
- Rowan Butler unicycled Coast to Coast (208km) raising funds for Water Aid.
- Daniel Jenks-Berryman achieved a Bronze Medal in the Junior Maths Olympiad (top 200 in the country in his age group).
- Max Hayward has qualified for a Faldo Golf Tournament in Abu Dhabi in November 2018
- Charlie Whorrod represented Warwickshire at inter-counties athletics competition, winning the U13 Long Jump title with a PB of 5.10 metres.
- Jacob Fenwick, George Holding and Oliver Tubb represented England Hockey in the School Games. Oliver was in the winning team securing the Gold medal.
- Alex Murdoch selected to play for Merica Lynx in this year's England Hockey Futures Cup.
- George Barnes winner of U13 graded singles table tennis competition.
- 1st XV rugby team through to U18 Schools Cup Finals for a third consecutive year.
- U18 and U16 hockey teams though to their respective Midlands finals.
- Warwick School included in the Top 100 Schools in The Cricketer Good Schools Guide 2019, for the fourth consecutive year.
- Fin Smith and Jack Forsythe selected for England U17.
- Jack Forsythe selected for England U18 Rugby Training Squad.
- Henry Miles selected for Scotland U18.
- Henry Mortimer and Alex Sabin selected for Wasps Academy U18.
- Warwick School included in the Top Independent Sports Schools of 2018.
- Dan Martin selected for the U18 County Badminton squad.
- Osian Catlin selected for the U14 South Wales Regional Football squad.
- 1st XI Hockey team, quarter-finalists in 'Notts Sport Boys' School Competition'.
- Ben Colliver and Connor Johnson secured places at the Epee Fencing National Finals.
- Luke Dyson invited to trial for England Junior Men's Water Polo squad.
- Joe Hood selected for England U17 Water Polo team.
Music and Drama
- Oliver Simcock through to the finals of BBC Young Chorister of the Year (top 8 in the country).
- Patrick Stiven has become Head Chorister at St Mary's, Warwick.
- George Wilkes appointed number three in the National Youth Theatre Orchestra cello section.
- Joshua Simango awarded Academy Scholarship with Armonica Consort.
- Luke Barker, who has gained his Diploma for trumpet playing (with Distinction). He is also now solo cornet with the National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain.
- Jamie Nash, Euan McGarr and William Parsons awarded scholarships to sing with the renowned Armonico Consort.
- Ben Adams, James Leeson, Nicholas Lewis and Tommy Perry awarded RSCM 'Voice of Life' light blue medallion at St Mary's Church, with Thomas Dodsworth and Oscar Dunlop from the Junior School being elevated to Full Choristers.
- Joe Bain for gaining a Performing Scholarship for Classical Guitar from Liverpool University.
- Rhys Mulligan successfully auditioned for the RSC Christmas Carol, performing in 18 shows.
- NCBF Finals: an unprecedented 5 Platinum and 1 Gold, achieved by no other school.