Awards & Achievements
Awards and Achievements 2017-2018
Warwick School boasts many successes and for 2017-2018 is proud to announce the following:
- Exceptional A Level and GCSE results.
- Douglas Boyle awarded C3L6 roentgenium medal, in the top 50 of 7,000 L6th chemists.
- Daniel Jenks-Berryman (L4) and Harry Colliver (3rd Year), in the top 50 of 40,000 entries of the BEBRAS Computing Challenge. Daniel has gone on to qualify for the final of the TCS Oxford Computing Challenge (top 20 of his age group)
- Biology Olympiad: 4 Gold, 9 Silver, 8 Bronze, 5 Highly Commended, 5 Commended - best ever results (for Gold, Silver and Bronze). Gold: Anurag Choksey, Ken Man, Sam Lawton, Finlay Williams - top 6.7% of 7,800 entries.
- Chemistry Olympiad: record number of participants (26), record number of medallists (17). 2 Gold: Andrew Tinkler, Douglas Boyle; 6 Silver: Ken Man, Jimmy Cheung, Sam Ward, Henry Wei, Zak Milstein, George Holding (inc. 3 Lower Sixth); 9 Bronze: Ed Macro, Matthew Zimmerman, Karthigan Sabanadesan, Oscar Roberts, Luke Pery, Will Feasy, Frank Fan, Scott Chan, Otto Chan (inc. 8 Lower Sixth).
- Mathematics UKMT Challenges and Olympiads:
Senior Maths Olympiad: 2 distinction, 3 qualification (Robin Zhai, Year 11, qualified and is designed for 6th formers)
Senior Kangaroo: 2 Merits, 8 Qualifications
Senior Maths Challenge: 15 Gold, 17 Silver, 12 Bronze
Intermediate Olympiad: 2 Merits
Intermediate Maths Kangaroo: 6 Merits
Intermediate Maths Challenge: 27 Gold, 33 Silver, 38 Bronze
Junior Maths Olympiad: 1 Distinction, 1 Merit
Junior Maths Kangaroo: 1 Merit, 4 Qualifications
Junior Maths Challenge: 20 Gold, 36 Silver, 67 Bronze
- Alan Lau winner of Rugby School's Foxcroft Essay competition.
- Josh Turner, awarded 3rd place in the National Army Museum 'Armistice' competition.
- Cdt Hood secured a place on the Canada Exchange to attend the RCAC Expedition Instructor Course during the summer.
- Josh Brown selected for International Physics Olympiad team, along with 4 others from the UK.
- Jesse Turnock awarded the Mary Dormer Harris Memorial Bursary.
- Alexander Ford selected to be Warwickshire U14s Golf Captain. Competed at European Open in November, ranking tbc.
- Zien Zhou ranked top ten in athletic wheelchair category and number one in U17 category.
- Tommie Olubisi selected to represent the West Midlands region in the Basktball England regional development tournament.
- 1st XV U18 Schools Cup Champions again! (consectively 2018 and 2017)
- U15 rugby team semi-finalists Schools Cup 2018.
- Hassan Khalil selected to represent England in the U15 Squash Tournament of 5 Nations in France - returning with the team retaining the Gold!
- Cian Tyler selected by Wales for UEFA U16 Development Tournament (Feb 2018) and continues with Coventry U16 & U18.
- Luke Dyson, U18 Water Polo captain, selected to represent West Midlands in the U18 inter-regional Championships.
- Joe Hood selected to represent East Midlands in the U18 Water Polo inter-regional Championships.
- James Pagan represented the victorious West Midlands U14 Water Polo team.
- Jack Harris selected to cox the UK Junior Sculling quad, at Eaton Dorney (March 2018)
- Clay Pigeon Shooting A team winners of Schools Challenge, Ed Innes named High Gun and Michael Wolverson second.
- Zien Zhou, 2018 champion of the Wheelchair Mini London Marathon.
- Charlie Mackenzie qualified for the Welsh Swimming Nationals in Swansea this July - competing in 100m backstroke and 100m front crawl.
Music and Drama
- Warwick School choir, George Wilkes, Archie Whitby, Daniel Buxton and Sam Young performed SAM Young's composition 'Lux Noxque' at the Albert Hall on the Last Night of the Schools' Proms in November 2017.
- George Wilkes has been offered a place on 'cello in the National Youth Orchestra.
- Luke Barker is solo cornet with the National Youth Brass Band and invited to play with the NYBBGB at The Barbican with the London Symphony Orchestra.
- Max Manley plays in the National Youth Guitar Ensemble .
- Will Parsons plays Young Lucius in Titus Andronicus at the RSC Stratford.
- Sam Littell plays Lucius in Julius Caesar and Ascanius in Dido, Queen of Carthage at the RSC Stratford.
- Taha Elamin and Hector Magraw both play Young Martius in Coriolanus at the RSC Stratford and Barbican London.
- Moosa Mostafa is performing in Nativity! The Musical at The Rep in Birmingham.
- Sam Littell offered a place on summer camp with National Youth Music Theatre, after auditioning with over 1200 children (aged 11 - 18).
- Daniel Buxton awarded 25th Gertrude Bark Award for his saxaphone music.
- Rex (Yr 4) has won The Regondi Cup for the most promising player for guitar.
- Junior School Big Choir and Orchestra through to National Music Festival Finals.