In this time of unprecedented change within society and in particularly the working environment providing Careers Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) has never been more important.
The purpose of Warwick School’s Career Department is to ensure we provide the best service possible to our pupils by helping them develop a career plan based on their chosen vocation and, if they do not have job ideas, facilitate the process whereby they can access IAG to support the innate skills they possess and to enhance the abilities they want to develop. The ultimate aim is to enable Warwick Sixth Form pupils to make informed choices, whether it be the university they wish to attend, the top degree apprenticeship they want to do or a job in the city.
Mr Tapper-Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the Head of Careers and Volunteering. He is available Monday to Friday during term time.
- All Lower Sixth pupils will be invited to come for a 1:1 Careers meeting during the Michaelmas Term with Mr Tapper-Gray.
- All pupils will be provided with specialist advice as they make decisions concerning Higher Education
- A tailored event on applying for Higher Education will be delivered to all Lower Sixth and Upper Sixth pupils.
- Mr Tapper-Gray will promote Open Days and keep a record of who visits
- External guest speakers will be invited to advise on Higher Education
- A Careers Fair, in collaboration with King’s High School, will be provided to pupils
- In collaboration with the Head of Sixth Form, pupils will be matched to a career based on individual achievement and effort. This will be underpinned by close monitoring of Higher Education applications.
- Pupils will be provided with Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) and they will be assisted with UCAS applications.
All Sixth Form pupils will have the opportunity to engage in the following events that take place:
- Business Lunches
- Twilight Taster
- Careers Fair (every two years)
- Speed Interviewing Evening; Upper Sixth only
- Chance to attend specialist networking dinners
- Interview and Networking and Employability skills
- Group sessions on the most popular careers, e.g. Law, Medicine, Engineering, Accountancy and Architecture