Salary £20,442 (rising to a maximum of £22,539)
40 hours per week; full-time - 52 weeks
5 over 7 days, primarily Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00
(Additional hours required from time to time to support school events or project work)
We are seeking to appoint a Grounds Person to join our Grounds Department within our large, friendly team of Estates & Operations professionals.
- You will have proven grounds experience, specialising in sports pitches and be able to offer support to all areas of grounds maintenance and development of a large 60acre estate.
- You will continue with a high level of quality and workmanship with improvements continually shown to all areas of the grounds and estate.
- You will assist in maintaining the lawns, playing fields, artificial pitches, hedges, shrub beds, trees, gardens & hardcourt areas to a high standard ensuring they are safe/fit for purpose.
- You will assist in marking / setting out pitches for football, rugby, cricket, athletics and associated sports equipment, and other areas as required by your line-manager/Grounds Supervisor(s) in liaison with the Sports Departments
- Assist in ensuring all lawns, beds, boarders and hanging baskets are watered regularly depending on the conditions. Undertake digging, planting and weeding of flower beds, boarders hanging baskets pruning shrubs and small trees.
We are seeking to appoint an excellent operative who is a good team-worker with a confident, professional and approachable manner. The successful applicant will have the ability to be flexible and takes a real pride in their work / what they can accomplish.
You will have a solid experience in all areas of grounds upkeep and will enjoy being part of a busy, hard-working team which makes a significant contribution to the life of the Schools.
For further information, please see the Job Details attached. If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Duncan Toon (Grounds Manager) on 01926 735455.
Should you wish to apply for this role please complete both parts of the application form on the website shown below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR department on 01926 735413
Closing date for applications: 28th September 2018; 12.00noon
The Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.