Encounters Lent term 2022
We are pleased to announce another term packed full of diverse, exciting, and thought-provoking talks from a range of inspiring speakers. Pupils from all year groups are welcome to attend what is sure to be another fantastic term of events.
Please note that our visit from David Blunkett has been delayed until the Summer term. More details will be provided with the Summer programme.
The Lent term 2022 programme at a glance (full details can be found in the booklet attached at the bottom of the page):
- Simon Weston CBE - An Encounter with the Falklands War: 40 Years On
- Stephen Sidaway - An Encounter with the Atlantic
- Sir Anthony Seldon - An Encounter with 53 Men and Two Women - Three Hundred Years of Prime Ministers
- Owen James OW - An Encounter with Afghanistan - "The war in Afghanistan: a platoon commander's perspective"
- Janine Webber - An Encounter with Suffering, Endurance and Evil
- Luke Hanrahan OW - An Encounter with the Media and Journalism
- Professor Peter Varnish OBE, OW - An Encounter with Scientific Brilliance
- David Blunkett - An Encounter with an Incredible Life Story [postponed to summer term]
Unless otherwise stated, no tickets are required and pupils and parents are all welcome.
Updated Thursday, 03 February: Please note that face masks are encouraged, however the wearing of face masks is now personal preference.
We will continue to update this webpage with the latest information and any changes to the programme of events, including venues alterations and COVID-19 guidance.